Sunday 23 December 2012

If Only You Knew - Story Pt. 1 (Warning! Mushy)

Here is the story that I promised you after The Wood and Dance Of Silence. Warning: Might not be suitable for those who despise mushy ♥♥♥ stories and have weak stomach. Be forewarned! Muahahahaha!~

******************************************
A girl was watching from behind a tree. [photosource:figment.com]
   Jeremy stopped walking when he saw the same girl again peering at him from behind the tree. He was puzzled. That girl couldn't possibly had wanted to talk to him, right? He didn't recognized her, but all morning she had been following him and had never once try to talk to him. She had disappeared when Jeremy turned to look but he could still see part of her skirt sticking out from one side of the tree. 'What does she want?' Although he was curious, Jeremy decided he would give her one last chance to introduce herself. She knew that he knew that she was there.

   So he continued walking. His destination was the music store situated next to his favorite fastfood joint, JoyLife.

   After a few minutes walking, Jeremy heard the rustle of leaves and turned in time to catch a glimpse of brunette hair. The girl had ducked behind a tree again this time. He was beginning to get angry. That girl couldn't be following anybody else, he was the only person walking along the road then. So he marched right up to the tree and demanded, "Why are you following me?"

   There was no answer. But Jeremy knew she was still there because of her black skirt. It stuck out prominently. "Well, aren't you going to answer me? I've noticed you since this morning, like a squirrel going from tree to tree. Haven't you learned your manners, spying on people like that?"

   At last, the girl stepped out from her hiding place. She was quite pretty, with almost gothic-like black-rimmed eyes. She looked guilty, and blurted out, "I'm so sorry, Jeremy.", before he could say anymore. Jeremy frowned.
"How did you know my name?"
   The girl didn't answer, she just looked down nervously. "Who are you? Aw, come on. I won't bite," Jeremy said impatiently. It was 7.30 and he was supposed to be home already.
"Okay, I'm tired of waiting for your explanation. I'm going."
   Having said that, he sauntered off, leaving the girl alone. In his haste to get away, Jeremy tripped over his own shoelace. "Ow! Damn." The girl, who was speechless when Jeremy left her, could not contain her laughter. She stopped when Jeremy glared at her. Smiling, she went over and held out her hand to help him get up, but already he was, brushing away the dirt on his jeans. "You saw me fell, and you had a good laugh about it. Now at least you should tell me your name, shouldn't you?" He took the opportunity to question the girl now walking beside him.
"My name is Mandy. And...I am going to live with you."
"What?!"
   Jeremy turned to face Mandy. "Are you my long lost cousin?" With such innocence in her big round eyes, Mandy answered. "No..."
"My sister, although unknown to me?"
"Nope."
"Did you know me from school?"
"Err...actually, yes..."
    "Then why don't I remember you? Let me see..." They started walking again, Jeremy trying his hardest to recall. "Mandy...Mandy...are you, though you look quite different...are you, by any chance..."

   "Yes?" Mandy said hopefully.
"Mandy Moore?"
   She seemed to crumble from disappointment. "No, that is the name of a singer and actress!" Jeremy grinned sheepishly. "Oh, yes, right." Mandy urged him, "Try again, Jeremy. You must remember me. We bumped against each other so often during high school!"

   Jeremy tried again, but he still couldn't remember. He smiled apologetically. "I'm sorry, I really can't recall. The only person I remember whom I often bumped into was...it was Lily..."

   Mandy sensed Jeremy's tender voice and when she looked, his face had soften and for a moment, he seemed lost in a faraway thought. She suddenly realized that Jeremy probably never noticed her at all. 'Who are you kidding, Mandy? Just who do you think you were?' She thought sadly. But still...
"I'm still going to live with you, Jeremy. No matter what."
    "What? Oh..." Jeremy had momentarily forgotten about it. Then like a rock hitting him on the head, the meaning of it sunk into his comprehension. He whirled around. "No! I mean, why do you want to live with me? I don't even remember you. This whole idea is absolutely crazy!"
"No, it's not!"
"Yeah, it is! Are you pulling my leg or what? You might as well pull my butt too!"
"Jeremy, I don't have other place to go! I promise, there wouldn't be any trouble."
"My parent are gonna find out! Where are your parents, anyway?"
   The moment Jeremy said it, he knew he had made a mistake. That might be the cause of Mandy's problem. Maybe they were gone, and Mandy didn't have anybody else to turn to. But hadn't she got her friends? Or relatives? Tears had welled up in her eyes. She strode ahead of him and their walk continued in silence.

 - To be continued -

Continued in If Only You Knew - Story Pt. 2
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...any thoughts to share? Kamon and komen...dont shy-shy. You shy i not shy.