Friday 2 November 2012

The Wood : Part 1

   I was mystified, really, really intrigued. The beginning of the path into the wood lay in front of me, beckoning me to enter. I could see a bit of the path, winding a little way off into the lush jungle. I questioned myself over and over again...am I going in or not? I decided that exploring it a bit wouldn't do me harm. I'll stay near the edge of the wood and wouldn't stray off the path. Besides, it didn't seem to be dangerous.

   Ten yards into the jungle, I suddenly became enchanted by the surrounding. I saw many kind of flowers, even the type that were not supposed to be there. Buttercups, bluebells, baby's breaths, roses, sunflowers, daffodils...I didn't see them earlier from outside the wood. Standing out there just now, I saw only the path. Everything else was not clear, hidden among the shadow. But inside there, I could see literally everything. I don't know, as though the sunlight suddenly found its way through the thick canopy of trees. The squirrels watched me carefully from among the branches and the rabbits scampered across the path as I walked on, truly engrossed in discovering what else that lay ahead in the jungle.

   I didn't forget the farm that I'm supposed to return to. I didn't forget the basket of eggs I'm supposed to deliver to Mrs Faig. But still I followed the path, deeper and deeper into the wood. Somehow I didn't worry about the consequences, feeling that I'll be perfectly safe. I continued with ease, noticing the fluttering butterflies and all the flowers that seemed to be prettier with each step I took. And there's another thing. There's music coming from somewhere. I couldn't find the source, it echoed all around and was absolutely harmonious with the quiet surrounding. It was there all the time, though I didn't noticed it at first. The music noted were graceful, beautiful, they complemented each other, they fit with nature. I could make a poem about it, it was that inspirational. I know and could distinguish the songs, but I never knew when a song started or ended, they went on and on with each new song never the same as the last.

- To Be Continued -

Continued In  The Wood - Part 2
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...any thoughts to share? Kamon and komen...dont shy-shy. You shy i not shy.