Sunday 4 November 2012

The Wood : Part 2

Continued from The Wood : Part 1


   All of a sudden, a small voice inside me asked, What are you doing? Are you nuts?! I stopped walking and turned abruptly towards the direction that I came from. The entrance was still there, though it looked a bit blurry from the spot where I was standing. I could still go back if I wanted to. I stood there, weighing my options. I looked again. The path to the entrance seemed dark, far, uninviting...boring. I looked around me. The birds, the flowers, the animals...all of it formed a warm place that were surely exciting and could offered a lot more. The trail that led to the place that would mark the end of my journey, though unsure I was of how it would appear to be, seemed bigger and brighter. Warmer and welcoming. I didn't realized a smile had formed on my lips when I said, Yes, I am crazy, and resumed my journey. I didn't look back again, and the small voice that bugged me earlier shut itself up the moment I started walking again. Since then also, there was never an ounce of worry in me that I'm venturing into the unknown and was leaving a place so familiar to me, a place where I belong, a place where I should be.

   The sky's getting darker. I knew this because the light in the wood was dimmer and I saw the colours of sunset peeking through the leaves above. Fireflies came out of nowhere and brightened the surrounding. It was as if their presence there was to provide my eyes with better sight. The music can still be heard. I was wondering where to spend the night, as I didn't meet anyone at all or saw any cottage or hut. I was tired and sleepy. I hadn't eaten, either. I figured food could wait, I needed sleep. Mu eyelids were so heavy I felt that I could sleep while walking.

   Finally I came upon a huge tree. I didn't recognize what tree it was because it was so peculiar. A kind of tree house had been built on it, but not by any human hand as far as I could tell. It was made of the tree branches, which intertwined and wove themselves to form the wall and the roof. There was only three sides of the wall, leaving an opening. Judging from the size I guess I could sleep in it. Besides, there's nobody around and I didn't know if it belongs to anybody.

-To Be Continued -

Continued in The Wood  : Part 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...any thoughts to share? Kamon and komen...dont shy-shy. You shy i not shy.