Sunday 7 October 2012

Something To Ponder, Something To Pray Of


There are some things that I grumble about
Without realizing that there are things that I should be thankful for
I complain about homework and assignments
And forget that how some people are denied the luxury of education
I cried at small, simple, hurtful things
Not remembering how easy it is to laugh and how often it has happened
I am afraid and could not bother to grab opportunities
Forgetting that sometimes it comes along without the need for me to seek
And if I dare to face it I might've succeeded, like the last time
I ponder over the bad
When I have the good, the caring and the sweet by my side
There are countries and generations that live with wars and colonization
I am just fortunate to be neither one of them
I won't be able to see all the goodness in my daily life
But I hope I don't see all the bad lights and the downsides of it either
I love having fun all the time and stay jovial
But would it blind me from responsibilities and consequences?
I will be careful in finding a soul mate
But I hope to be carefree enough to be able to notice the right one
I go through insecurities and pessimism
Which I hope to be countered with adequate confidence and optimism
I am happy to be offered with help and generosity
And I want to be just as happy when offering them to someone else
I might stray off the right track or curse a mishap
So I pray to God to keep me on path and remind me to count my blessings
To keep embedded in my thoughts and my mind, this :
" God watches over us, always. "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...any thoughts to share? Kamon and komen...dont shy-shy. You shy i not shy.